This journey began with a casual conversation and it continues, thanks to the support, encouragement and help from so many of our colleagues, friends and family members. It was amazing for us to experience the willingness of so many people to help us with this project.
David Stimson, Jackie Leimer, Steve Weinberg, and Robin Rolfe encouraged us early in the process. As recognized visionaries in trademark law and branding, they immediately understood the gap we were trying to fill. Craig Vogel understands the power of collaboration and as a designer, professor and innovator values the importance of early IP protection.
Our thought leaders and interviewees inspired us with their insights and their willingness to share best practices in open innovation, branding, marketing and collaborative IP strategy. Special thanks to: J. Scott Evans, Nils Montan, Sandy Harbrecht, Kyle McQuaid, Gordon Smith, Scott Phillips, Jackie Leimer, David Stimson, Jeff Weedman, Steve Goers, Heidi Emanuel, Ruby Zefo, Kathy Selker, Gregg Marrazzo, Bill Price, Gail Lione, A.B. Cruz, Bob Wehling, Inger Eckert, Joanne Bischmann, Vince Volpi, Jerome McDonnell, Sean Sauber, Bill Theimann, and Benton Sauer. Thanks too to everyone who encouraged us but were unable to participate in our interviews.
Click on our thought leader’s names below to read their individual bios:
- Joanne Bischmann, Harley-Davidson
- A.B. Cruz III, Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc.
- Inger Eckert, International Paper
- Heidi Emanuel, General Mills
- J. Scott Evans, Yahoo
- Steve Goers, Kraft Foods
- Jacqueline Leimer, Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Gregg Marrazzo, Kimberly-Clark
- Jerome McDonnell, Interbrand
- Kyle McQuaid, J. Walter Thompson
- Nils Montan, IPAlly.com
- Benton Sauer, LPK
- Kathy Selker, Northlich
- Scott Phillips, Charles River Associates
- Gordon Smith, AUS, Inc
- David Stimson, Eastman Kodak Company
- Bill Thiemann, LPK
- Craig Vogel, The University of Cincinnati
- Vince Volpi, PICA
- Jeff Weedman, Procter & Gamble
- Bob Wehling, Procter & Gamble
- Ruby Zefo, Intel Corporation